
Erik is smarter than I gave him credit for. Today I had my usual oatmeal in the morning and Erik saw me eating it. He wanted to grab it so I said "ok Erik, mommy can make you some of your cereal too." When I presented him with his own cereal, he wouldn't have any of it so I figured he wasn't hungry. I ate some of mine and he reached out. I pretended to dip his spoon into my cereal with his own cereal on it and fed it to him, but he knew better. He refused it. I used my own spoon with a tiny flake of oatmeal on it, and he gobbled it up happily. How does he know??
Monday, we were snowed in a bit, also because Jamie had the car for the day at the airport as he was in Dawson Creek and he couldn't call a cab (the lines were all busy from the Holiday season and snowstorm). We went for a walk and did some more Christmas decorating.

I really think Erik looks a lot like Jamie in this photo above.
Tuesday, we went downtown for a class on feeding a baby at the new Health Centre and met up with Rebecca and Emily. All of the 5-7 month old babies in the class were so cute! I love this age! Afterwards, we went back to their place and did some Christmas baking. Emily showed Erik how to roll over both ways but he still can't quite do it.
Today Erik plans on trying either some chicken or beans, depending on what mom finds at Safeway. I guess the idea is to eat healthily as a family and feed Erik whatever we are having using the food mill or a fork to grind it up.

Oohh and we found one more toy for Erik to use to help keep his head off the ground. It's a Duck that has a pool in his tummy. Of course Erik's favourite part is the duck's foot to chew on. Kids never like the part of the toy that you think they will like. Most babies love the tags on toys!
3 comments:
Too cute and smart! What a man!
That duck toy is genius for him. He will love it when he is crawling too. Keep that one around for us! (sometimes put them away for a week and bring them back out, it is a pleasant surprise!)
Mmm oatmeal. They dont want their own food EVER. Missy May just shares with Daddy every morning. He likes doing it that way, and she knows she gets her way with him!! Not with Mommy!!
that is me not knowing how to sign in above. not just some random crazy person typing on your blog!
Post a Comment