Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Brunch




Erik had his first Pablum (rice cereal) around 11:30 today and it went pretty well. I mixed it with a bit of formula (also his first time with formula outside of the hospital). 

We will plan to give him this Pablum once a day for a few more weeks. He will still be breastfed in the meantime, don't worry!

As for the rest of the family, we are having roast beef for dinner if I can figure out how to make it without drying it out! 

6 comments:

k-e-household said...

teeth!! And he is eating cereal, that is awesome. Good luck on the roast. Steven and megan are getting a slow cooker so they can start making stuff like that too. Wait till he gets to try things with flavour: like avocado. YUM!!

Seener Beaner said...

The roast turned out ok. It was in the oven for 3 hours after being seared for 30 mins at a high temp. A slow cooker or crockpot is a good idea. I was trying to introduce one to my brother too!

k-e-household said...

I just noticed your face peeking in to this photo. Hilarious!! You are so excited. HA!!!

PS I am already compiling our little godson's christmas present :) I'll mail it out.

SHOOT I have to get Christmas family pictures/cards done too!!

Care said...

I love this little boy! And he's already almost eating grown up food. Now that he's got a couple of teeth, will this make breastfeeding harder?

k-e-household said...

This book you NEED to buy, or I can send it with his Christmas present:
The Baby's Table.
ITs Canadian, and its the only one you will need for recipes for starting solids. FOR REAL!

Seener Beaner said...

Care = Carrie? Welcome back from DR. Noah and AMK are going for Christmas.

Not sure about teeth and breastfeeding yet... will let you know!