Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hanging out with Mads

Our laptop's keyboard hasn't been working all that well lately so we have been considering getting a new laptop. Kristin has loaned me her laptop for a few days until we decide what to do. What wonderful timing eh?


I have had a few people suggest we re-name this blog. I absolutely agree. I think we will rename Mads and Bobs. Weird? Perhaps. I will explain when I start the new blog why.

Mads has been a good night time sleeper. He sleeps for three hours, three times in a row. It can take an hour or two between each sleep to get him settled with a feeding, a change, sometimes more top up feedings, and once in awhile another diaper explosion. I have set myself up in the basement with the TV (to stay awake during nursing), and the bedroom is a few steps away. Mads is sleeping in the pack n' play and I actually don't mind sharing a room with him because when he is sleeping, he is rather quiet. Erik was a constant grunter and had a lot of mucus so I had a hard time room sharing with him and didn't really do it.

I was terrible at swaddling Erik, and I now realize it was because I had the worst receiving blankets for it. I bought some this time that anyone can swaddle easily with and I am so happy with that. Mads does like to get his hands out a lot.


A lot of the sleepers his wearing have been used by Ike, at k-e household. If Kristin has another boy, we will pass them on to her although I am sure she has a lot leftover from Jansen.



Another close friend and former roomate of mine and Kristin's had a baby boy the day before Mads was born. His name is Dashal, Dash for short. He also already has a big brother same age as Erik named Harper. Very neat how we all have kids close in age.

3 comments:

k-e-household said...

So many comments!! first off, he is not identical to his brother! I think he looks very different. I love him! Second, i like that polka dot blankie Thirdly, new orange sleeper? he is channeling his uncle Noah in it :) Toot toot!

k-e-household said...

Looking at the photos again, I love the one in the red sleeper. He is a thinker.

Seener Beaner said...

Ok he doesn't look exactly like Erik. But he does look a lot like him as a baby. Polka Dot blankie from coworkers. They figured Mads would want something all for himself, new. The orange sleeper is just like that blue one Ike had, that had woof on it.