Thursday, December 17, 2009

Helping with the Dishes


Jamie has been coming home a bit later from work so while I am trying to prepare dinner for everyone, Erik gets really bored and whiny. I read somewhere that at this age, we can start involving the toddlers in preparing food. I find that sort of hard to understand, but I decided that letting him help with the dishes was safe enough as long as I stand next to him.


Erik absolutely loved the bubbles and the brush. I think he is going to ask to help a lot more. He actually helps daddy with garbages on garbage night (which was also tonight).

2 comments:

k-e-household said...

oh yeah they love to "help". You can give him a pile of laundry too to put into a drawer or something. But water in the sink is stellar. He is cute doing it too!

Seener Beaner said...

We have done the laundry quite often, but he still makes a mess of it :)