Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mommy's 30th Birthday


Mommy turned 30 last wednesday and had not only a Thanksgiving family party, but a party with her friends and kids on saturday.


Her MLA friend dropped by and gave her a signed birthday wish from the Premier. Too bad the dates are totally off!


Brooklyn and her parents came.


Jansen's mom came and helped with some of the food. She is preparing a melted brie with garlic, parsley and sun dried tomatoes.


The guys found the Stampeders/Riders game.


Mark came by with some of his home made burger patties ( I am a huge fan ) as a gift.

Joshua and his mom came. I love how so many friends have kids the same age!

Amelia and her mom came, and her and Erik got busy tasting toys.


Jansen had a cupcake or two that his mom and Sarah brought as my birthday cake.


Gautam was playing uncle to all the kids including Willem.

Amelia was such a good girl. She ate so many vegetables! I was amazed.


We went to Costco the night before and bought all the food. This made it much easier on us to prepare.

Emily and her mom came, and Jansen made himself at home on her lap. Her 30th birthday is next weekend.


Here is the desert table with the fancy birthday cake!


The weather warmed up and some of the kids got to play outside.


I had a great time at the birthday party and was so glad to see so many of my friends and their kids. It gets hard to get together nowdays with everyone's work schedules and family schedules.

This is from friday at work, (casual friday hence the jeans ) where Erik met me on the second floor of my building.

We got an extra booster seat for Erik at home, just like the one he has at Mormor's. That way we can sit more intimately with him at the dinner table. He loves it.


1 comment:

k-e-household said...

Wowza!!
First off, I love brie ANYTHING! She is such a good friend!! :) Amelia is such a beautiful name, and her mom looks so put together. I feel so greasy right now, just blah, ya know? Not glowing at all.....M sat at the table with us as well around that age and we really like it. Its a good move. I sooo want a cupcake RIGHT NOW! The party looks so fun :( sorry we missed it. The letter from Ed is HILARIOUS!!!!