
It is Erik's birthday party today. We wanted to keep it small, especially since I just went back to work can't fathom organizing and hosting a big party for such a little man. We are just having my parents over and Erik's godmother Kristin and little Jansen.
Last night Erik ate spaghetti for the first time. He threw most of it on the ground. It stained the linoleum pretty badly. I had to go out and get some bleach to get rid of the stain. We really don't like using harsh chemicals but I didn't want a pink floor either.




I also went out and got Erik some gifts. Partially birthday gifts and partially guilt gifts because I feel so bad for him that he had a hard week at daycare. He is very happy this weekend with us. He isn't sick anymore and teething seems to be taking a break.


We try to look for wooden toys as much as possible. I am not sure what he can do with this abacus but he seems to think it is pretty cool.

Erik is really interested in stacking blocks and putting things into other things. He loves to discover what fits where and how. Jamie also likes the blocks.

This morning I made blueberry waffles and Erik ate half of a large waffle on his own, plus some oranges. He appetite is back. His transition to milk is going well now too. We usually put 2 Oz of formula and 4 Oz of milk in his bottle. Soon it will be 100% milk.
More on his birthday party later!
2 comments:
I love the abacus!! in the night garden is awesome!! That toy can be enjoyed by many children over time. If we lived closer, we could do a mid-year toy swap so it looked like all new toys to our kids ;) I have so many that are appropriate for Erik right now! I have that annoying magnetic barn too, but I had to hide it because she just threw the pieces everywhere. We are missing the entire pig...pink pig!
You could put a Office Depot rolly chair protector thingy under his high chair. Or get a dog. That would take care of the staining messes.
Happy 1st Birthday Erik!
Post a Comment